rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Top 10 Favorite Mom Hairstyles (That Don't Look Like Mom Hairstyles)

This is a simple enough post - My Top 10 Favorite Mom Hairstyles (That Don't Look Like Mom Hairstyles). The second part of the title is key - no mama wants to look like she hasn't had time to do her hair. No mama wants to look like she is secretly balding after all her crazy postpartum hormones are all whack. No mama wants to look like she is sporting greasy hair because she hasn't been able to shower for three days straight.
So, my saving grace in the hair department comes from 3 amazing bloggers. Let me introduce you!

Bethany // former Treasures & Travels contributor
My all-time favorite blogger would be Bethany Menzel who used to be a contributor blogger to the Treasures and Travels blog. However, because she is a mommy herself, she ended up leaving the T&T blog in order to focus more on her mommy and wife roles. While I LOVE her for that, I also hate her for it because she was basically my sole reason for perusing through Treasures and Travels so faithfully! I love Tegan and Lindsay (the other two bloggers), but Bethany was definitely my favorite ;) My love for her started when I discovered that she has the exact same hair type as me. Exact! When you find someone who has amazing hair and has the same hair type as you, you simply must stalk them because if their hair looks good sporting a certain style, so will yours! I've spent most of my life trying to get great hair like people in magazines or movies, but the truth is, your hair will never look exactly the same as those people's unless you have the same hair type. Bethany Menzel is the only other person in the world of bloggers who seems to have my hair type. So! There you have it. Bethany is my hair idol :) I now creepily stalk her on her personal blog and Instagram since she no longer contributes to Treasures and Travels.

Emily // The Freckled Fox
My next favorite blogger would have to be Emily from The Freckled Fox. When you look at her blog, you will probably think "right, how could I ever have gorgeous mermaid hair like THAT???" BUT! Emily swears that her hair is just normal and relatively thin like the rest of us normal people! Her secret is just making it look like her hair has tons of body and volume. Her hair tutorials are fun because she can basically do anything with her hair. She is seriously incredibly talented!!

Amber // Barefoot Blonde

Last but not least is the gorgeous Amber from Barefoot Blonde :) Anything related to braids - Amber is your girl. This girl will open your eyes to the wonderful world of BRAIDS. She can show you how to do a French braid or fishtail in a hundred different ways. Plus she goes on incredible adventures all over the world with her adorable little family!

Alright, now that I've introduced you to my top 3 favorite bloggers, I give you:

MY TOP 10 FAVORITE MOM HAIRSTYLES 
(that don't look like Mom Hairstyles)

1) The Top Knot <<<<<<<<<
Courtesy of Treasures & Travels Blog
Alright- before you scroll ahead - hold up a second. This is not just ANY top knot. This is a textured, funky spin on the classic top knot, which puts it in its very own category. This hairstyle is perfect for rocking 3-day-old oily hair (let's be honest - that happens a lot!) or fresh, out of the shower wet hair (like that ever happens)!

2) The Headscarf Roll <<<<<<<<<
Courtesy of The Freckled Fox
I used to see college girls sporting this hairstyle in Chicago and assume it was way out of my hair league. It just looks so chic and hipster - it's impossible that it could actually take less than one minute to do...right? WRONG! Grab a headband or hair scarf and have fun looking like you actually had time to spend on your hair for once. Because who says moms can't be chic and adorable too??

3) The Front Row Braid <<<<<<<<<
Courtesy of Barefoot Blonde
Another hairstyle that may seem basic but I promise you that if you check it out, it won't disappoint. Amber lets you in on a few secrets to making your front row braid thick even when you don't have thick hair ;) 

4) The Sleek Pony <<<<<<<<<
Courtesy of The Freckled Fox
I think that high pony tails are entirely underrated. To me they turn a boring mom into a spunky one - but only if they're done right! Check out Emily's tutorial on the sleek pony!

5) The Half-Up Top Knot <<<<<<<<<
Courtesy of Treasures & Travels Blog
This is my go-to hairstyle when I actually want to feel feminine and girly and wear my hair down for once. The best thing about this hairstyle is that it allows me to do that while still keeping my hair off my face. Bonus: this tutorial is for long OR short hair!
Courtesy of Barefoot Blonde
I know, I know. This one looks pretty extravagant. But I promise it's a lot easier than it looks! Which is one of the secrets to being a hair savvy mommy, right?? I LOVE this gorgeous fishtail halo braid. A new spin on a timeless look.

7) The Side Braid <<<<<<<<<
Courtesy of Barefoot Blonde
Okay, even though this girl looks like she seriously has Disney princess hair, I promise she is human and that this look is actually attainable for normal people like us! This braid is basic, basic, basic, but it totally gives the impression that you 1) have a lot more hair than you actually do and 2) have a lot more time than you actually have. Win-win!

8) The Hair Roll <<<<<<<<<
Courtesy of Treasures & Travels Blog
This hairstyle is so easy it's crazy. Similar to the headscarf roll, this look is both feminine and flattering! When I first attempted it, it literally took me less than 2 minutes. And I only had to read the tutorial once. That's how easy it was.

9) The Textured Sock Bun <<<<<<<<<
Courtesy of The Freckled Fox
Sock buns are pretty popular and there really isn't any secret to the perfectly round buns that you see hundreds of women sporting these days - but Emily makes this look her own by adding some texture which I love!! Makes it more of an everyday look in my opinion, rather than a fancy-occasion-only option.

10) The Braided Crown <<<<<<<<<
Courtesy of Treasures & Travels blog
I like Bethany's version of this look because she leaves out little strands of hair around her face which keeps it from looking like a Heidi-inspired look. Again, SUPER easy and feminine - a combo I really love in case you couldn't tell.

Well, there you have it! My top ten favorite mom hairstyles - and do you agree that they don't at all look like typical mom hairstyles??? Right??!?! Well get this - each of these women are actually... you guessed it... MOMS!
Emily // The Freckled Fox // Mama to 5
Amber // Barefoot Blonde // Mama to 1.5
Bethany // Treasures & Travels, BethanyMenzel // Mama to 2 (one in heaven)

I hope you take some time to read about each of them because they are truly beautiful women inside AND out.

What is YOUR favorite go-to mommy-hairstyle? Comment below!
Randie Megan

2 comments:

  1. great hair inspiration, thanks for sharing!

    xx Angie | http://www.thefashionfuse.com/

    ReplyDelete