rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>

Friday, August 14, 2015

Move over, Pinterest

Every night after Ryenne Ashley goes down to sleep I close her bedroom door, walk out to the living room, and am met with one of my favorite views as a mother and wife. No, it's not a Pinterest-worthy room with white walls, geometric shapes, modern furniture, and a vast array of trendy artwork hanging on the walls. The scene that I am usually greeted with consists of baby toys scattered about the room, a little shoe here and there, my husband's lunch containers sitting on an end table, board books scattered far from their place on the bookshelf, David's work uniform crumpled in a heap on the floor... a room very much lived-in. Many people might actually describe this sight as a complete mess (and on more than one occasion I admit that I would have agreed), but I look at it and it is the most beautiful home in the world to me. Tonight it finally hit me - why it's so beautiful to me:
What a blessing and privilege it is to have a husband and a baby to clean up after!
Those scattered toys and books strewn across the room? That means there was a little person who played and read and discovered today. The dirty lunch tupperware? That means there was a husband who enjoyed a good meal today. Those little shoes sitting in random places on the floor? They belong to a pair of adorable little feet that are not only walking all over the place, but growing way too fast! And the dirty pile of laundry? That means that there's a hard-working man in the house who ran, sweated, and worked in that uniform all day to provide for his family.
How could I see these things and not feel grateful?? The absence of them would possibly mean that that room could have the potential to be pinned on Pinterest, but oh how empty my life would feel without the laundry, the dishes, the little shoes, the toys, and the books to bring purpose and fulfillment to my life! There is no other title in the world that I'd rather have than "Wife" and "Mama." I know I didn't do anything to deserve either of those titles, but God in His sweet grace chose me to be wife to David and mama to RyeRye nonetheless.
And so it brings me great joy to clean up after my two precious charges every night. Goodness knows where I'd be without them :)
The most Pinterest-looking part of my home currently haha
David brought me these beautiful roses just because....
just because I'm a lucky girl :)
Xoxo,
Randie Megan

2 comments: