rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>

Friday, November 7, 2014

Welcome: The Heart of Every Woman


Hello! Welcome to my newest experiment: A blog about my life as a newlywed (August 2013) and new mommy (July 2014)! As if being a wife and mother isn't already enough, I'm actually really excited to be starting this new adventure as a blogger! Writing has always been something I've enjoyed, and what better subjects to write about than my two favorite things in the world: my husband and my daughter!
In September of this year I founded an all-mamas group on Facebook called "Summer 2014 Babies." It all began as a means to find other mothers who are going through similar struggles and situations on their motherhood journey. I did not expect the group to exceed more than 10 people, but at two months in, it had already grown to over 300! It turned out to be a wonderful community of mothers, and, honestly, it is one of the biggest reasons that inspired me to start a blog! Being a part of that group has taught me that so many mamas are just yearning for camaraderie, approval, friendship, acceptance, validation, and just all-around LOVE from other mamas who are going through the same things. Unfortunately, though, I've also learned that many times as mothers we can tend to be so judgmental of one another - to the point where it gets just plain ugly! What you find when you combine a bunch of mama strangers, is that we really do have the same heart underneath all of the trivial "hot topics" such as breastfeeding, cloth diapering, working, staying at home, CIO, and you name it. At the heart of every mama is the sincerest, noblest desire to be the best she can be to her little one, and to see that little one, grow, learn, and succeed. Why get caught up in petty things, when instead we can be wholeheartedly supporting and uplifting one another?
So, my goal for this blog is to just be really real about the daily ups and downs that life as both a wife and new mommy brings. Maybe you will be able to identify with something! Maybe in a small way, seeing another wife or mama go through the same thing that you are going through, will make it a little easier for you.  Maybe you will decide that being vulnerable with and non-judgmental toward other moms isn't worth it at all! Maybe seeing things through one woman's eyes will open your own to finding that we really do have the same heart.
My own personal goal is to become vulnerable and non-judgmental myself, not just on the internet, but in real life as well. It's easy to just play a part online - but reality is a completely different ballgame! I remember pre-baby thinking to myself that I would NEVER be one of those moms who spend all day in their sweats looking like a slob. Well, guess what I'm wearing today as I type this? Yep, I'm wearing sweats. Turns out, I didn't know what it was like to wake up every single hour of the night with a 4 month old. Sometimes nights like that require a "slob day" afterwards.
So, as I was saying, I'm definitely not perfect, and there is so much I can learn! I want to become more accepting and loving myself toward other wives and mothers who are going through same, similar, or different struggles! So, if you have any thoughts, advice, opinions, or comments, PLEASE share! I'm new to all of this, too!
Consider this my open-to-the-world experiment in merging reality and cyberspace in hopes of becoming a better mom and wife myself. Thanks for stopping by, and remember, you're not in this alone!


My Two Loves

No comments:

Post a Comment